Epidemiology studies the occurrence and causes of health-related outcomes in particular groups, and applies this information to better health outcomes.
Most of our research is compiled into epidemiological reports. We then use the information from these reports to:
- Identify health trends among Métis Albertans.
- Identify target populations for health-promoting programs.
- Identify factors to address health conditions through prevention programs.
- Identify factors to promote and support health through health initiatives.
- Make evidence-based decisions about MNA health initiatives.
- Inform funding proposals addressing the unique health profile of Métis Albertans.
- Advocate for health-related policies and programs addressing the unique health profile of Métis Albertans, both federally and provincially.