A strong Métis Nation embracing Métis rights.
To pursue the advancement of the socio-economic and cultural well-being of the Métis people of Alberta.
We believe in:
- The National definition of Métis
- Continuing to build our foundation for future generations
- Fairness and respect for all people
- The need to work in unity and harmony
- Métis participation in building our Nation
- Encouraging and assisting Métis people to achieve their goals
- Honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Achieving self-government
- Our Métis rights as recognized and affirmed in Section 35 of the Constitution Act (1982)
- Governance: To strengthen our capacity in the area of governance, strategic legislative and policy coordination, business plan development and horizontal/vertical communication between the President’s Office, the Executive, Provincial Council, and administration.
- Relationship: To participate in bilateral/multilateral processes of policy development with different orders of government and to coordinate and develop our governance policies through multi-disciplined and researched approaches to strategic analysis and action.
- Partnership: To establish, promote, and support public and private sector partnerships that will improve the economic circumstances of Métis people.
- People: To establish, promote, and support initiatives that will improve the quality of life of Métis people.