As part of our mandate, we have been working to develop programs and services resulting in better health outcomes for Métis Albertans. Programs like the MNA Wellness Program, our Compassionate Care: Cancer Transportation Program and many more!
In order to better serve the Métis community, we partner with organizations in the academic and health sectors to recognize and investigate the health experiences of Métis Albertans as distinct from other Indigenous groups. Some current research areas we are working on include diabetes, maternal, child health, cancer, and more!
For more information on our programs and services or research projects, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We advocate for the health needs of Métis Albertans by providing strategic advice, guidance, and recommendations on health research initiatives, policies, programs, and services through the following provincial committees:
Indigenous Advisory Group on COVID-19 Testing
- The purpose of the Indigenous Advisory Group on COVID-19 Testing is to provide advice and guidance to Alberta Health Services on strategies to optimize Indigenous persons and communities to testing.
Indigenous Cultural Competency Review Expert Advisory Group
- Alberta’s Health Evidence Reviews play an important role in providing high quality evidence, critical analysis, and an Alberta perspective on how to optimize health care delivery by assessing costs and improvements in health outcomes. Review results are intended to provide advice and recommendations on the optimal use of health technologies, services, and models of care for consideration and implementation. The role of the Expert Advisory Group is to advise on the scope and direction of the review, and the contextualization of findings.
Indigenous Health Core Committee
- The Indigenous Health Core Committee is committed to work in partnership with Indigenous peoples, organizations and dedicated partners to close the gap in health outcomes with First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples.
- Learn more here
Indigenous Health Design Advisory Team
- The Indigenous Health Design Advisory Team is committed to improving the health and the healthcare experiences of Alberta’s Indigenous peoples by working in partnership with Indigenous communities to identify health priorities and co-design solutions. This team is currently focusing on the development of the South Edmonton Hospital.
Indigenous Integration Committee
- The purpose of the Indigenous Integration Committee is to provide advice and guidance to Alberta Health to support increased access to a continuum of addiction and mental health services for Indigenous people and communities.
- Learn more here
Indigenous Maternal, Newborn, Child and Youth Standing Committee
- The purpose of the Indigenous Maternal, Newborn, Child and Youth Standing Committee is to provide a provincial forum for clinical and Indigenous community stakeholders to address maternal, newborn, child, and youth health issues and to recommend, develop, and direct strategies aimed at improving health outcomes for Indigenous maternal and newborn populations in Alberta.
- Learn more here
Rural Maternity Care Steering Committee
- The purpose of the Rural Maternity Care Steering Committee is to support the planning of maternity care health services in the High Level Local Geographic Area (LGA).
Urban Indigenous COVID-19 Committee
- The purpose of the Urban Indigenous COVID-19 Committee is to develop Indigenous-led structures, processes and operations dedicated to addressing the needs of Indigenous peoples residing in the urban spaces of the Edmonton Zone during the COVID-19 pandemic.