We recognize the unique challenges faced by Métis families across the province prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the recently mandated province-wide restrictions.
The COVID Wellness Program is a way to support Métis families to ensure they can purchase any necessities they require.
Families can receive up to a max. of $100 to purchase household items or other necessary supports at a large franchise store (e.g. Walmart).
How do I apply?
Applicants can apply with through the online application form.
Once you have applied, an MNA staff member will reach out to you via email to request all necessary documents that are needed to process your application. This email will come from email@example.com. We recommend saving this email to your email address book to ensure it does not get sent to your spam/junk folder.
- The applicant or child/youth living within the household must be an MNA citizen.
- Must be a permanent resident of Alberta
- Must indicate financial need within the application
- Applicant’s Photo ID (MNA citizenship card or any other Government issued Photo ID)
- Long Form Birth Certificate if the youth does not have MNA citizenship card
If we require any further documentation, our team will reach out to you directly.
Time frame for processing applications?
Applications can take up to 30 days to process, please refrain from following up on the status of your application.