Provincial Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
The MNA’s Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) program aims to provide awareness and prevention of FASD through provincial and localized support. The MNA is actively engaged in a number of initiatives to support awareness and prevention of FASD. Through this program we strive to:
- Provide appropriate awareness and education within the Métis community on risk and protective factors related to prevalence and incidence of FASD.
- Provide information on culturally appropriate resources and services available to Métis people.
- Increase the number of Métis specific programs provided by FASD service networks.
- Work accurately to record the incidence and prevalence of FASD.
- Provide solutions and strategies to individuals and families living with FASD.
- Assist service networks in providing culturally appropriate services.
For more information about the FASD program, please contact:
Children Services Manager
Tel: (780) 455-2200