Edmonton, Alberta – Monday, January 4, 2016
Métis Nation of Alberta is now assisting applicants with letters that verify an in progress application and confirm historic Métis ancestry for the 2016 hockey season.
Requirements needed to qualify for membership & a hockey letter are:
- Application form completion (visit www.albertametis.com to download an application package).
- A completed family tree which clearly outlines his/her Métis ancestry to the mid-1800s.
- A copy of the applicant’s long form birth certificate showing parentage OR short form birth certificate accompanied with baptismal record that shows parentage, church seal and officiate’s signature.
- Copy of picture identification for youth 16 and older, or a copy of parental identification for youth applicants under 16 years of age.
- Applicants must meet Métis Nation membership requirements. If your child is not a registered member of the Métis Nation of Alberta, please do not delay and send in an application today!
Deadline for request and issuance of letters:
February 29, 2016
For more information, please contact our provincial office:
Métis Nation of Alberta
100 Delia Gray Building
11738 Kingsway Avenue