National Indigenous History Month Competition
- Living in AB
- Winners of the draws do not need to be citizens of MNA
The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner(s)”) will receive one (1) of two (2) $500 gift cards. Runner(s)-up will receive one (1) of four (4) available $100 gift cards and one (1) of four (4) MNA branded hoodies, valued at $45.
Official Rules and Eligibility
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This giveaway is open only to those who liked the Facebook Post and who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The giveaway is only open to legal residents of Alberta, Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Métis Nation of Alberta, hereafter referred to as the MNA, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the MNA as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 15 11:00 AM MDT and ending June 28 11:59 PM MDT. All online entries must be received by June 28 11:59 PM MDT
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by commenting on the National Indigenous History Month Contest posts on Facebook and/or Instagram. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified in the post, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the MNA. All entries uploaded will be considered copyright of the MNA and entry signifies permission granted to the MNA to use and share as the MNA sees fit. Only one (1) entry per contestant will be accepted.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one (1) of two (2) $500 gift cards. Runner(s)-up will receive one (1) of four (4) available $100 gift cards and one (1) of four (4) MNA branded hoodies, valued at $45. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the MNA. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the MNA’s discretion. Winner must answer a skill testing question.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected at random under the supervision of the MNA. Winner will be notified by Facebook message within 7 days following selection of Winner. The MNA shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at the MNA’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms & Conditions: the MNA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the MNA control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the MNA may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the MNA. The MNA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The MNA has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the MNA reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the MNA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Alberta having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the MNA.
- By commenting on the National Indigenous Peoples Month Contest post(s), You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules