Alberta Declares State of Emergency
As of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Province of Alberta has declared a state of emergency under the Public Health Act. This sounds scary, but it allows the government to restrict public gatherings, close facilities and businesses in order to keep us all safe.
- All events
over 50 people, including weddings, funerals, and religious services are to be
- All recreation centers, casinos, bingo halls, bars, theatres or other public facilities are closed. This does NOT include grocery stores.
- Sit down restaurants can remain open at 50% capacity.
It is important to remember that we must take prevention seriously.
- Stay home
and self-isolate if you are sick. Do not go to ER to be tested.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Limit your visits to people who are most at risk: Elders, those with chronic disease or who have another illness such as Cancer.
- If you have symptoms, complete the self assessment tool online first, then call 811 for further instructions.
Read more about the March 17 COVID-19 update here: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx#p22780s5