Please note: All in-person intake, applications (including harvesting), and walk-ins at the provincial office (11738 Kingsway Ave. NW) are temporarily suspended until further notice. Applications can still be mailed in. Please call 780-455-2200 or toll free 1-800-252-7553 if you have any questions.
Beware of scammers! It is sad that some people will prey on others in these vulnerable times, but we have had cases of people trying to scam unsuspecting Albertans, Métis or not. Alberta Health Services will not ask for your credit card information, neither will any other health agency. If an offer of cash or free devices comes up because of the outbreak, believe that it is too good to be true. You can read this Global News article for more tips on avoiding scams: https://globalnews.ca/news/6692519/coronavirus-phone-scam-alberta-health-credit-card/
We have been getting several requests from citizens asking for masks and we understand why, things feel scary right now. Health experts ask that you stay at home. If you are home, you do not need a mask. Please stay home.
- You should not be going out of the house if you are sick – even for groceries. So, you don’t need a mask. Phone a friend to get what you need.
- If you need groceries and you are not sick, you do not need to wear a mask to go shopping.
- If you do need to go out to get groceries: practice physical distancing, use hand sanitizer where possible, and do not touch your face. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water when you get home.
Public Health Experts only recommend masks for those who are sick or immunocompromised who must leave their home and go to hospital for care. Wearing a mask when you are not ill may give a false sense of security. There is a potential risk of infection with improper mask use and disposal.
Stay home and stay safe!
Click on our affiliates to see their statements on COVID-19:
Follow the links below or on the side bar to find the information you’re looking for:
- Reiterating Risk for Seniors
- Alberta Declares State of Emergency
- General Information
- Community Engagements during COVID-19
- Self-Assessment Tool for COVID-19
- Supports for Albertans
- Penalties and Fines
Download or print these useful posters for your home or workplace:
- Help Prevent the Spread: PDF | Image
- How to Properly Wash Your Hands: PDF | Image
- Cover your cough poster: PDF | Image
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Alberta, visit: